Local Registrar -Linda Garcia, BS
Click here to contact Linda
Birth & Death Certificates:
- Who can purchase a birth certificate?
Anyone can purchase a birth certificate as long as the person whose certificate is being requested was born in Ohio
- Where can death certificates be purchased?
Seneca County General Health District can issue death certificates for decedent’s who passed away in Seneca County and within the cities of Fostoria and Tiffin. Other death certificates must be purchased in the county where the death occurred.
- What years are available for purchase?
Birth and Deaths records: 1909 to the present – Seneca County General Health District
Births 1967 – 1908 are located at Probate Court – 419-447-3121
Births prior to 1867 records were destroyed by fire
For records outside of Ohio go online: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm
Adoption records request: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/en/vitalstatistics/legalinfo/adoptfnl.aspx
- How can I purchase a birth or death certificate?
- Counter service – Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Mail Requests – Click link: Birth & Death Certificate Application
- Online Request – click link: VitalCheck.com
- Requests must be placed by 6:00 a.m. for same day service
- Anytime for next business day requests
- Phone Orders – Credit/Debit Cards (processing fee applies)
- Cost of Birth/Death Certificates – $25.00 per certified copy
- Method of Payment: Cash, Check, Credit/Debit cards (additional processing fee applies for using a credit/debit card)
***NOTE: Effective October 15, 2015 the ORC has changed requiring people who need social security numbers on the death certificate to provide proof of why s/he is entitled to such information. This applies only to the first five years after the date of death. Please see the first page of the application for more information or contact our office****